Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Run, Rabbit, Run.

It's Rosh Hashanah - we wish all our Jewish readers a blessed new year.

Apparently, according to Julian (Xena writer Steve Sears' dog), it's also Xena: Warrior Princess Day. To all our Xenite readers - have a good one - and watch your favourite episodes. (I'm settling down with One Against an Army and Ides of March).

Yeay!! Free. Last day at that site. Resisted the urge to kick the bigot into the middle of next week. I did, however, tell him he was a bigoted arse and I was glad I'd never have to work anywhere in his vicinity again. He seemed shocked. I don't think he's ever been challenged before.

Little Barbara is pleased to hear I'll be back in her area. Even though the day I start is the day she returns to school. As soon as she heard I have the rest of the week off she did that thing kids are so good at. The wear-your-mother-down-until-she-says-yes thing. The "Can I mummy, please, please, please, can I??" thing.

She wanted to go to the petting zoo. Her mother said she could. Her mother doesn't drive. The local all-day bus ticket is the same price for one adult and one child as it is for two adults and up to two children. (I know - doesn't make sense - I don't get it either). So Barbara decided I could go too. Her mother gave me that helpless-in-the-face-of-determined-child look and shrugged. "Would you??", she said. "Why not", I replied.

Luckily for Barbara I'm a big softie where animals are concerned and love that kind of thing.

So on Friday we're off to pet the guinea pigs and hold the rabbits and feed the baby goats. I'll let you know how we get on.


Ze

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big softie where animals AND kids are concerned, I'd say. :) Looking foward to hearing about your and Barbara's day out.