Thursday, September 05, 2013

Ramble from Joan

Shameless Plug

I am happy to announce that Ylva have decided to publish my story "Rich Girl". You can find more info at Ylva, so I won't reiterate it here.

Astrid offered to beta-read the story, and she had a lot of input for me. "Show, don't tell." "More details, I want to feel the place." So I sighed and did what I hate most: work over a story I had thought was finished. At least this would ease the proper editing process. Or so I thought.

Then Sandra took over, and when I opened her mail, I nearly had a heart attack. She is a really nice person, but she is relentless. I wanted to strangle her. Or myself. Just to make the pain go away. She made me re-write one scene four times, which necessitated adjustments in other parts. I was about to throw in the towel when she finally wrote, "Good news. Now it works." Hallelujah!

That's what you get when you play with professionals. But I must admit that the story profited very much, which is all that counts. Thank you, Astrid and Sandra. I'm proud to be part of the pack.

Last, but not least, Astrid is going to give away three copies of the e-book on Sunday. If you're interested, go visit her site.

Joan


Check it out, folks. And, Joan, always nice to see you, come by anytime.

Peace, Health and Happiness.

Elisa

No comments: