Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Tea Anyone??

I am so tired I almost fell asleep trying to complete tonight's update. It's getting daft. Yeah, I need the work but I need a break too. I've told the site manager I'm not working this weekend. I don't care how much overtime I might get. We're ahead of schedule so I'm taking my weekend.

Besides - there's a really important rugby game on Saturday morning. The third - and decisive - test match between the Lions and Australia.

I checked the religious festivals calendar to see if there were any due this week. No, there weren't. But I had this nagging feeling that there was something I should be mentioning that I couldn't remember.

Then I noticed tomorrow's date.

D'oh.

It's the anniversary of that little ado. You know the one. Where a group of British subjects got upset about some taxes and demonstrated against them. (No, not the Poll Tax riots and chants of Maggie, Maggie, Maggie - Out, Out, Out.) You know the one. Where a whole bunch of tea took a swim. And then a minor unrest turned into a civil war and at the end of it we got rid of a bunch of troublesome colonials.

Or if you want to look at it from the perspective of the other side...

A group of colonists rose up against an oppressive government, fought a war to gain their independence, soundly defeated the forces of the aforementioned government, and founded a new country.

So... Happy Rebels' Day to all our US American readers. Have a great day. Be careful with the fireworks. (And remember your pets get scared so be kind to them). Enjoy your celebrations.

Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: