Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On Betas

Sunday is Bastille Day. Hope all our French readers have a good celebration.

It's still hot. I'm still wilting. It's still great.

Short ramble from Joan tonight -

    Hi! It's me, Joan. I can see you rolling your eyes -- is she going to ramble about betas again?

    Actually, I am. But I have a specific point in view.

    I was recently asked to beta a novel, and am currently in the process. I'm also noticing that I am kind of stressed about it. Now why would that be? I mean, I can't help thinking 'Brilliant' or 'OMG' when I read something, anyway. Making a short note of that cannot be that hard, can it?

    I think it's that I somehow commit to helping the authoress along. My comments leave the sphere of just my opinion and affect the labours of another human being.

    A lot of you are, or have at some point been, betas as well. I'd like to know how it affected you. We might even have a lively discussion.

    I feel quite certain that our triumvirate would welcome that. I would.

    There, short enough. Send in your rambles!

    Joan

Thanks Joan. And yeah - rambles folks. Please. We like to hear from you.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you

Ze

No comments: