Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spam and peas.

Tonight is Walpurgis Night in parts of northern and central Europe. For those who still celebrate it - enjoy your bonfires.

Tomorrow is International Workers' Day. Have a good one everybody - and (as Wolfie would say) WOTWU

Tomorrow is also Beltane (in the north) and Samhain (in the south) we wish all our Pagan and Wiccan readers a good feast.

I was looking at my email just now and thinking "I really must sort out my SPAM folder". I suddenly seem to have a lot in there. Yesterday there were around 20 or so and I was thinking that I aught to look at it soon, today there are 76. This probably means that somebody I'm connected to via a yahoo group has had their email hijacked and it's peppering various lists. That's usually the case when there's a sudden jump in the numbers.

Actually it's about time I sorted my inbox out too - and deleted some of those hundreds of read mails. That's one of those little jobs - a bit like defrosting the fridge/freezer - where you can always find something else to do rather than tackle it. And it's only when the ice is so thick that you can't squeeze so much as a packet of peas in - or in the case of email you have six pages to scroll through to find the one you need at that moment - that you finally do something about it.

Which reminds me - I need to defrost the fridge. The peas are in there but I can't get them out because the ice is so thick!!

I'll do it tomorrow.

The email that is - the fridge will have to wait til the weekend.

Ze

No comments: