Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Baaaaa

Happier stuff tonight.

Such as this - Kiwis are awesome. Why can't the House of Commons be this much fun. (Not that I really want the nightmares that watching Ian Duncan Smith hugging Kenneth Clarke would bring).

Due to a mix-up at work (not my error) I was surplus to requirements this afternoon. (In other words they had arranged for me to prime a whole batch of timber and forgotten to order primer!!). So I got the afternoon off - with pay!!

I took the opportunity to do something different. The Easter school holidays being over, I decided it was safe to go to Crealy. Crealy started life as a kind of glorified petting farm (attached to a working sheep farm) for lambs, rabbits, miniature goats, pony rides, etc. Then it grew and they turned it into an amusement park as well. It's pretty small though.

After being revived by the by the staff at the ticket office - blimey!! Talk about expensive. I went in and had a look around. I bought goat food and hand fed the goats. I bought duck food and hand fed the ducks - and got pecked by a swan because I wasn't feeding him too!! I looked at the meerkats. They really do do that standing-on-guard thing. (Didn't see Sergei though. LOL.

I rode the roller-coaster. Twice. Because I was the only one on it. I rode on the swinging pirate ship. Me and a woman with two middle-school-aged kids, (around 9 or 10 years old).

And I checked the programme and found that - yes - the thing I went there for, the one thing I really wanted to do, the thing I'd been willing to pay that amount for, was on the schedule for 15.30hrs. So I went and waited in the queue. I say "queue" but in actual fact it consisted of me and a six-year-old girl.

The staff came out and looked at us. They looked a little hesitant. I nodded. "Yep. Me too, please". The chap shrugged and opened the gate. I went in, and the little girl's father led her in. Her mother stayed outside. The chap handed the little girl a bottle. He offered me two. I took them. He took two and his assistant took two.

And then we bottle-fed the orphaned baby lambs. Big kid that I am. I had a grin as wide as the Bristol Channel!!

Made my day, that did!!

Hope your day was as magic as mine. Not a lot for you tonight, I'm afraid. See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Baaaaa indeed!