Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Post-Christmas Blues

This weekend just gone was Christmas for the Orthodox churches, (Russian, Greek, Armenian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Ethiopian, etc.). I hope our Orthodox readers had a good feast.

Feeling grumpy tonight. Government just slammed the (working) poor and helped out the rich - again. Don't want to bore you all with UK politics but the old joke about "poly" means "many" and "ticks" means blood-sucking parasite never felt more like the truth.

I guess it doesn't help my mood that Christmas is over. The tree came down on Sunday (Epiphany) as usual. And the post-Christmas letdown is coupled with some very dark, very grey, miserable days.

And the Xena Con is coming up - and it's probably going to be the last one ever - and I couldn't afford to go - even though I've been cleared to fly now - because I ran through my savings while I was injured a couple of months ago.

So I'm decidedly grumpy.

Yah. Boo. Sucks.

Ze

No comments: