Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Storms.

Watching footage of the storm as it hits the Eastern USA. Bloody Ada. If I ever again complain about the amount of rain we're getting here, feel free to wallop me. Seriously though, it's unbelievable how much rain you folks have had.

I've read that it's possible that up to 40 people have died in the US (that's in addition to the estimates of between 40 & 60 who were killed while the storm was raging through Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, etc.) That's awful. It's sounds heartless of me to say that at least it's "only" 40 people. But it could have been much, much worse if the Federal and Local governments hadn't listened to the warnings, and made preparations.

I expect a fair few of our readers in those parts that have been worst hit are without power and so not able to read this, but for those of you who can, please stay safe. Do whatever the rescue services tell you to do.

Me?? I'm lucky. I'm sitting in a nice, cosy armchair, in a nice, safe, dry house, watching a football game and feeling completely wrung out. It was one hell of a cracking game though. Fantastic. Not seen a League Cup game like it. I feel like I ran every inch of the pitch with those lads though. Kicked every ball. What a great match.

And I'm laughing myself silly over all the plonkers who left before half-time.

Ze

No comments: