Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Free Books

Saturday was Michaelmas (pronounced here, in our usual lazy fashion, as Mikkelmus), more properly named The Feast of St. Michael and all Angels. And as is usual on that day I mourned the lack of Michaelmas Daisies. So common in my childhood, they've fallen out of fashion now. And then today I was visiting the main hospital, (a place with which I am all too familiar), and - lo and behold - there in the grounds was a huge patch of them. Brilliant!!

They're smaller than I remember. Or maybe it's that I'm bigger. About twice as high as I was back then. *g* I still love them though. Scruffy, scrawny, but determined. You have to admire that.

Oh, yeah, don't worry. This trip to the hospital wasn't because I'd damaged myself again. I was just visiting a friend. She's in getting a knee replacement. She fell from a horse when she was younger, and shattered her knee. It's been a nuisance ever since and now it's finally given up functioning altogether. So they're operating to give her a plastic one instead. She was bored and grumpy when she texted me, so I dropped some books in for her to read.

Speaking of books - here's a fantastic offer from an bloody good author, via one of our regular ramble providers.

    Hey there Uber Etc'ers! I want to make sure you know about the book give away going on right now over at Cocktail Hour. Andy and I were joined by author D. Jordan Redhawk to chat about some of her work - primarily Iditarod, Tiopa Ki Lakota, and Strange Path - and she graciously agreed to send autographed copies of the first three of the Sanguire series to one lucky listener.


    If you're interested, please give a listen to the show and get all the details on how to get entered. Cocktail Hour Good luck!
    Rev


Now THAT'S an offer for you. Those books are brilliant. Well worth reading. In fact all Red's stuff is well worth reading. Don't just take my word for it - go - read!!

Ze

No comments: