Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Stew.

My cousin went out this evening to a meeting. She left a note for me to say that there was a bowl of lentil and root vegetable stew in the fridge for me. Excellent. It's my favourite type. All I needed to do was microwave it. (She knows better than to leave me to cook for myself!!)

I looked in the fridge and yes, there was a huge bowlful of stew. It had been a bit chilly today, and I'd been caught in a hail shower on my way home, so a nice, warming bowl of stew was welcome.

I duly microwaved it. And I got a tray to put it on. I opened the microwave and got the bowl out (using a cloth so I didn't burn myself - I was proud of myself for thinking of that) and put it on the tray.

Then I picked the tray up off the floor. And wrapped the pieces of the bowl in newspaper before putting them in the bin. Then I mopped up the half-bowl of stew that was on the floor and put that in the bin. I took my jeans off and put them in the washing machine, to wash off the other half of the stew, and went up to my room to get some clean ones.

No, I have absolutely no idea how it happened. I'm sure the tray was safely resting on the worktop. The bowl was dead-centre of the tray and couldn't slip off or cause the tray to overbalance. I swear I didn't drop it, knock it, or push it.

It must have jumped. Honest.

I spent a good five minutes staring into the fridge to see if there was something, anything, that I could have for my tea, that didn't require cooking, and that wasn't a peanut-butter sandwich (I had that for lunch).

Baked potato (microwaved), baked beans (ditto) and Redwood's (vegan) rosemary & basil sausages (also microwaved - you don't honestly think I was even going to consider attempting to fry them, do you??)

The spud was fine, the beans were fine, the sausages... well they were edible but I don't think they microwave very well really. But plenty of HP sauce makes everything ok. *g*

I was really looking forward to that stew, too. My cousin makes a fantastic stew.

See you next week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: