Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Birthday Thanks.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks. Much appreciated. Though it's getting to the stage where I'd kind of like to forget about birthdays. In fact on my calendar all I wrote was "Too Damned Old!!".

We had a good evening, we went to dinner (Thai) with friends & family, and then to the pictures. Went to see Pirates. It wasn't bad. Not up to Wallace & Grommet standards though. Lot of in-jokes for Brits (and Anglophiles), from the Blue Peter Badge to the newspaper advert for "Slocombe's Kitten". Watch out for them.

Hey, you remember last week that I wished any Zoroastrians a good Khordad Sal. Well we do have a Zoroastrian follower. Wicked!! Until now the only Zoroastrians I knew or knew of were my mate Ash, and Freddie Mercury!! Anyway, our reader informed me that I had the date completely wrong - although Ash told me it was correct - but then (and only then) he informed me that that the date of celebration of Khordad Sal depends upon the sect of Zoroastrianism that you're a member of - the Fasli sect celebrate on the date he gave me, the Kadmi sect celebrate in July, and the Shahenshai in August. She's from the Shahenshai sect. So I promised to mention it this week - and to wish her a good festival on the appropriate day.

Ze

No comments: