Thursday, March 01, 2012

Sugar Shock

E is about done with her Dessert-of-the-Month duties thank goodness. We're a bit late for February seeing as I just made the dessert tonight. We wanted to do Red Velvet cupcakes due to Valentine's Day. Not that we were trying to shoot for the dessert being done on Valentine's Day...if so, we sure missed it by a lot.

I couldn't find my original Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe so I used the ol' Google and Paula Deen's recipe popped up on the Food Network site. I am officially replacing my old recipe with this one. If you make them, be warned, the icing makes a ton. I wonder how much Ms. Deen expected me to slather on each cupcake? I have enough icing left over for at least 24 more cupcakes. So...you can probably half that for one batch of cupcakes.

Tamara

No comments: