Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Op Report

First - three feasts coming up tomorrow - For South-East Asian Buddhists it's the important festival Magha Puja Day. For Hindus it's Holi. And for Jews it's Purim. We wish all of you who are celebrating these feasts a very blessed day.

Just in case there's the remotest chance that anybody is interested. A report back on my operation. They went in through the old scar so there are no new ones to bother about. It was a one day thing - in first thing in the morning, out again that evening. And it's done the trick. Oh I'm not 100% pain-free - never will be I'm afraid - but that screaming agony every time I moved my arm out sideways is no longer there. The surgeon thinks he's got it fixed at last - finally - it's only taken him five years and six operations!! He's a nice bloke though - for a surgeon. And I'm pretty much on first-name terms with the physios now. (Needed a couple more weeks of physiotherapy after the op. As usual.

Went back to work this week. Just in time for lambing. I like to eat my sandwiches at lunchtime away from the site. For several reasons. 1) We're close to farmland and it's beautiful and nicer to look at than a muddy construction site. 2) I like the lads. I'm treated as one of the lads. I'm butch. I'm a walking stereotype. I like a pretty face or a nice bum as much as the next person. I can be a bit of a... well... tart. I love women. But... I'm not in the business of being that crude about whatever page three girl is the topic of the day. Or similar discussions. So I absent myself in order not to fight with my colleagues.

One of the fields a short stroll from our site has sheep in it. And they're lambing. I got there just as one was being born. New-born lambs are beyond cute. It staggered to its feet. Looking drunk and bewildered. It couldn't get its legs to work properly. Its mother nuzzled it and encouraged it and it started to nurse. By the end of my lunch-break it was bouncing around - well - like a spring lamb. I walked back to work feeling blessed beyond measure.

A good day.

Not a lot to read tonight but enjoy the stories anyway. See you next week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

3 comments:

E said...

Wow, that is cool about the baby lamb! Nice day here as well. I sat outside with a co-worker while we ate our lunch, but what we saw was a homeless guy urinate on the bushes in front of us. The joys of the city are all around. I think I would like some country.

Tamara said...

Ahhhh...lambs....

zero2aries said...

E - oh yuk. Couldn't he at least hide behind a tree or something??

Yeah - the lamb was way cool.

T - lol - maybe I should have taken a photo for you.