Monday, October 17, 2011

Ramble from UK

Our lives are filled with all the things that we find to be essential parts of "A Good Life". We work, we play, we eat and drink, have sex, read, sleep ..... There is no room in our lives for ... waiting! We don't count on being kept waiting, it's not on our schedule and when it happens we get uncomfortable because waiting is an unknown factor, something that we cannot control.

Nevertheless we are kept waiting .... for the man who is coming to install the phone .... he will arrive sometime between 8 am - 4 pm (!), for the new washing machine with an estimated time of delivery 3 - 5 days (!), on the phone queuing to talk to Support about the black screen on the new PC ... "You are now number 5 in line ..... ".

The companies we pay to deliver the consumer goods that we cannot live without has incorporated our waiting in their business plan! But while we wait, we think! Think about all the things that we cannot do while we wait. We might even think about how we can avoid the waiting .... do we need the phone, can another company deliver the washing machine ... today ? Those who count on us for their livelihood mights think about the power they give us .... by giving us time to think!

While I wait I think about the things that I don't have to wait for. I think about the friend that I know is always on time for our get-together, the gf who will give a hug whenever its needed ...... an update from the ladies of The Uber Ect.!

I am happy to say that You ladies are not only my most valuable and reliable source of information on the going-ons in the fan fiction Universe. You are also among the very few things in life that don't keep us waiting, I am impressed by your ability to keep up with the regular posting!

And that was really what I wanted to say. I am sorry if I kept you waiting for the point of this Ramble ;-)

UK


Okay, what can be said here other than Thank You (I say it with smile on my face)! You made my day. Back to it, y'all enjoy!

Peace, Health, and Happiness.

Elisa

No comments: