Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Made it!!

Got my tax return done in time. Just in time in fact. Eleven o'clock yesterday morning to be precise. I don't think I could have cut it any more fine if I'd tried. Still, done is done.

Finished the painting job last week, too. So I'm currently without a contract. Fortunately it paid enough so that I'm ok for my essential bills/expenses until the end of February. But I'll need to have found something before then.

Got a phone call this morning from a chap who runs an orchard - I did some tree-planting for him a couple of years ago - he wondered if I'd be up for planting some more. He's got planning permission for another 2 hectares. I said "Yes" of course. Now we need to pray the weather co-operates. You can't plant apple trees if there's a heavy frost (digging the holes & filling them pushes frozen soil onto the roots, which is very bad for them) or of course snow or ice. It looks good for the rest of the week though. Fingers crossed.

I've been a lucky little sod lately, as far as books are concerned. I won a draw just before Christmas and got a free book. My good friend Lynn Ames sent me a present at the beginning of January - another free book - one of hers I really wanted.

And I've just won another draw run by an author friend on her Yahoo group - Barbara Davies and got yet another free book Frederica and the Viscountess.

Jammy git, aren't I??

Maybe I will buy a lottery ticket at the weekend - can't hurt, can it??

Ze

No comments: