Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Good Old Arsenal.

We're proud to say that name...

Regular readers may (or may not) remember that some time ago, when my football team made it through the group stages of the Champions' League, I expressed a wish. That wish was simple - in the next round I begged "please not Barca, any team but Barca". They beat us in the final in 2006, the beat us in the quarter-final last year. They are probably the best team in the world. They play beautiful football. We play a similar type of game but they are out-of-this-world.

The wish was not granted. We got Barca in the round-of-16

We played the first leg of the tie (at home) this evening. It was a great game. Some fantastic football. When they went a goal up I thought, "oh well - it is Barca. There's no shame in losing to them."

But the age of miracles is not past. We levelled the score (Robbie van Persie you little beauty!!). And then in an absolutely brilliant move, a wonderful goal from Arshavin and it's 2-1 to the Arsenal!! I think I scared the next-door-neighbours with my roar of "YES!!" in fact they could probably hear me across the road, never mind next door.

The second leg is in Barcelona in March. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed!!

Football. When it isn't breaking your heart it's the best game in the world.

See you next week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: