Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ramble from Phair

An update from phair.
The title for this piece should be Free Falling part 3 of an indeterminately numbered series. I wrote 2 previous blogs/blurbs/rambles about walking away from my day job and not being excited about starting a 'new' day job. It was correct of me not to be excited. There was nothing particularly new about the job other than I had not worked in that exact building before. Otherwise, it was just like every other management job in every other Rehabilitation Departement in every other Nursing Home I've ever worked in. I won't get into boring details but I flamed out on day 34 and left the building.

Yep, twice within 60 days, I walked away from a steady and well paying job. It must be some kind of record. If you don't work in healthcare, you'll think I've lost my mind and I should contact my physcian immediately. I did call my physician because I have a sinus infection but mentioned the quitting thing I'm doing lately. She sighed and told me she's hoping to do the same thing in 4 years. Yes, being a healthcare provider is that bad. But, I'll save that soapbox for another time. We are talking about my free fall. Again.

What will I do now? You'd be wise to ask. Frankly, other than going to the beach each morning to write in my journal with a cup of hot chocolate and getting in a few afternoon walks with my dog, I'm not really sure what I'll do now. Scary? Should be but it's not too bad. It was more scary staying in a job I'd grown to hate.

Not the patient care part, that was never the issue. Working with people I can help get well or can educate why they will only be able to do what they are currently able to do regardless of how much they try to do better has been the most rewarding service you can imagine. Even when they don't believe me or are angry with the news I gave them, it's a good feeling to know I've given them the information they need to make their next decision. My information might be positive or negative but giving somebody more control over their own life has been a hugely fulfilling task and I'm grateful for each and every person who allowed me to assist them.

I have a sketchy idea of what I'm going to dabble into over the coming weeks. Wanna hear about it? Knew you would!  

1. I've got a manuscript at a publisher's at the moment (day 74 since submission but who's counting). I don't know if they'll take it and I'm whittling my finger nails down waiting to hear their answer but it is exciting.
 
2. I'm launching a monthly story service for a FEE.  It's the Dirty Story of the Month Club.  I will write one short story of dramatic and sexual content greater than 1500 words and email it to folks subscribing to the service each month. The cost is $5 membership dues and $1 month. Total cost for the service for 2010 will be $13. The first story will be ready mid May. There will be a pay pal button at my website to subscribe to the Dirty Story of the Month Club (Ds of M Club). 
 
3. I'm a quarter of the way through another manuscript which will not appear at the website. It is a mainstream story similar to my first publish novel, The Aethereal Sea. 
  
4. Of course, my website (phair.com)will be updated with poems, stories, and photographs as often as I can and as the IT demigod permits. 

I wish each of you a wonderful, fun, and exciting spring and summer.  Remember to embrace each day. Have hope in tomorrow, find joy in today, and screw yesterday 'cause who wants to remember it anyway!

phair

Phair, thanks for the update! Best of luck in where ever you end up. And for the rest of you, mosey on over to phair's web site and give her some feedback! I know where $13 of my dollars are going this year and, with that in mind, her Paypal button will not be live until Monday.

Now enjoy your updates! Peace, Health and Happiness to y'all.

Elisa

No comments: