Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I Have a Cold

Consequently I'm feeling crappy. And grumpy. And extremely self-pitying. It's only a simple cold. Not 'flu' or anything like that. I'm sneezing fit to bust and coughing up a storm if I laugh or talk too fast. I'm running a (slight) temperature. What a strange expression that is. Running a temperature. Where is it running and why?? Can it run?? Does it have legs?? Even saying I have a temperature would be daft - because if I didn't have a temperature it would mean I wasn't alive. I'd be dead. Deceased. Expired. Gone to meet my maker. Bereft of life. Shuffled off my mortal coil. I'd be an ex-Ze.

Anyway...

I'm not well.

I am, however, not unwell enough to stay home. (Especially since I wouldn't get sick-pay). So I went to work today. (Which was where I got this damn' cold from in the first place). You do have to wonder about the sanity of a system that penalises you if you stay home but rewards you for going to work & ensuring that everybody else gets whatever it is you've got, don't you?? Generous soul that I am, I thought I'd share the germs around a bit more. I needn't have worried. I was working alone anyway. It was a beautiful spring day (eventually). I still felt crappy though.

I'm now dosed up with Benylin (I think you get that in other countries) and Paracetamol (acetaminophen). I'm safe to take both because the variety of Benylin I'm using doesn't contain acetaminophen. And I'm about to head to bed. Where I will continue to feel sorry for myself until I fall asleep. See you tomorrow. Enjoy your updates. Loads to read.

Ze

No comments: