Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hello Lampost

What'cha knowin', I've come to watch your flowers growin'...

If you're old enough you'll recognise that as a bit of the Simon & Garfunkel song Feelin' Groovy.

And you know what?? I do. I feel pretty damn' good today. The sun was shining. (We've had a couple of weeks of sunshine actually). The house martins, back from their migration, were wheeling and diving through the glorious blue sky. Their return has always been the first sign of approaching summer to me. I expect the swifts and swallows will be home soon, too. I still miss my boys on days like this but it doesn't hurt as much now.

My stitches came out easily. The wounds have healed nicely, There is a scar but not much of one. Some problems I've had all year have been sorted. And my writer's block went with them!!

I've written three stories and started a fourth just in the past week. Ok - one was a drabble and one a double-drabble and the third was only 1,000 words (as will the fourth be) but at least I wrote.

I haven't broken anything, fallen over anything, dropped anything, or caused any massive trauma to those around me (touch wood) lately.

All-in-all it's a good day. And the rest of the week is looking pretty good as well. I hope you're feeling as lucky as I am. Altogether now... Let the morning time drop all its petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy.

Ze

2 comments:

E said...

I want what ever you are drikin'.

zero2aries said...

Nothing stronger than coffee mate.

I'm just high on life.