Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I really do like my van.

It gets reasonably good gas mileage for a car its size, it's got working air conditioning, I can seat my children far apart, it's easy to drive, it's great for vacation trips...but I absolutely hate how dirty it gets. Since it's larger than your average car the kids think it's okay to treat the car as an extension of their rooms. My oldest son even felt it was a great place to lose our cordless phone for a week.

Today I spent several hours getting trash and toys out of the van. I vacuumed and washed nooks and crannies. I also scrubbed out the cupholders in the back seat. I don't know why but Duncan can't seem to get it through his head that his mom absolutely hates gunk in the cup holders. I've asked him to clean up messes he makes back there to no avail. After today's clean out I told him if he makes a mess back there again and doesn't clean it up he'll be grounded from anything electronic for a week. The kiss of death to him for sure. Hope it works.

Tamara

No comments: