Thursday, July 24, 2008

G-Day

Garage Sale day is almost here. I've spent today sweating in the 95 degree heat (35C) making sure I've got all of the garage sale items together. The baby items have all been squirted off with the hose (dusty from being in the attic) and later Duncan and his friend TJ will move the plastic sandboxes to the front of the house. Tonight mom and I will set up the many books I have for sale on a tarp and cover them with an old blanket. E asked if any morning drizzle/dew would get on them and I just laughed. You don't have to worry about much getting wet in Oklahoma in July.

I may take a chance and put more stuff out tonight like the canopies that will help the glassware from becoming so hot you'll receive second degree burns from touching them. I've got my friend Tracey's lab/rottweiler mix with me this week and I'm hoping any snoopers will be scared off by his booming bark from the house. Now if any early birds will just pay attention to my sign on the front door and not ring that doorbell before 8am. I'll be damn cranky if they don't.

Tamara

No comments: