Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finally Over

My garage sale is done. We didn't make a big haul but I did get rid of some stuff, which was the real reason for the sale. I figured I could clear a few things out and make a little money. That goal was accomplished.

I knew a garage sale in Oklahoma in the middle of July was an iffy proposition. We sweated our butts off on Friday. Had a good turn out in the morning, the afternoon was dead, then a small flurry of folks close to getting off work time. Saturday was dead. So dead that when lunch time rolled around we packed it in. People just don't want to be looking at other people's junk in the blazing hot 99 degree heat. The rest of the afternoon we spent swimming at my mother-in-law's pool. Time well spent I say.

Monday I'll call a local thrift store to pick up what didn't sell. A few things I'll take to the comic book store for Buck to dispense to customers who might want something free and comic related. I'm so looking forward to having half my garage back. Maybe I can actually get my car in the garage for the few weeks in August we're here.

Tamara

No comments: