Thursday, November 01, 2007

Cookie Recipe #1

Yippee! Our first quick-on-the-draw reply goes to Mel aka Black Cherry.
This is my Great Aunt Carrie's sugar cookie recipe. I remember these cookies from my childhood, and I'd give anything if she were still here...baking a 100 cookie batch, just like she did when I was a kid. - BC

Sugar Cookies Caroline Elizabeth Simpson, Berlin Illinois (1889 - 1975)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup soft butter
2 eggs
4 teaspoons baking powder
5 cups of flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat until fluffy. Stir together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, nutmeg) and add alternately with milk.

Roll 1/4" thick on well-floured pastry board. Use desired cookie cutters dipped in flour to cut out cookie shapes.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in moderate oven (375 degrees) for 8 – 10 minutes.

Makes approx. 100 cookies.


Those sound great and easy to get the kiddo to help me create. Thanks, Mel! Join the fun send us your favorite cookie recipes, we know you have one.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy!

Elisa

No comments: