Friday, August 21, 2015

Driving

Duncan came home Monday and my week has been filled with hanging out with him and running errands. Lots and lots of errands.

I've been trying to get him into cooking a few meals a week at his dad's house. For Christmas my mother gave him a recipe book and we both put some of his favorite recipes in it. This activity, of course, has necessitated many trips to the grocery store.

Grocery store trips and errands I needed to run meant we drove a lot. Being together helped both of us. He's adjusting to the meds and has periods where he needs to be out and moving. I know our errands managed to tire him out. I've enjoyed spending time with him.

Today he met with a social worker to begin the process of meeting with a counselor. His Peer Bridger met us at the clinic and helped him through the interview process.

Afterward we stopped at Archie McPhee to look around. Of course we bought a few things.

Then we made it back to his apartment to put on the soup Duncan wanted to know how to cook. Now I'm home and happy to be out of the car. I know my weekend will involve a lot less driving.

Tamara

No comments: