Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Lent

Ash Wednesday - start of Lent.

Gave up biscuits.

Now that might not sound like much of a sacrifice but I really do like my rich tea biscuits. And since I don't eat meat, don't eat dairy (so no chocolate), don't drink much these days, there's not a lot else that I could give up that would actually mean something - and that I stand a chance of sticking to.

Giving something up for Lent, even if you aren't religious - or even Christian, is a great way of concentrating the mind. It helps you see how blessed you are that you have things in your life that you can give up. It helps you think of all those people who are less fortunate. And if you donate to charity the money you would have spent on whatever you've given up it helps those people too.

Not that I only think of these things or make those donations at this time of year... I lend to Kiva, It's only a small amount from me but it can help make a big difference to others. And I sponsor a little girl through Plan. I give bits and bobs to other charities when I can. Especially Wateraid and the PDSA.

Why not join me?? Give something up for Lent (or just for March if you like), save the money you would have spent on it, and donate to a charity you support, or which does something you like.

Go on, it'll make you feel good.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: