Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful

Although I'd rather we didn't "let it snow, let it snow" etc. Thanks all the same.

It's bad enough with what we have. Strong winds and torrential rain. It's been like that all day. In fact it's been like that (with a couple of days break here and there) for the best part of three weeks. I don't think there's a river that doesn't have a flood warning posted. It's the same in most parts of the country.

And some poor souls have only just had their power restored - after being without since before Christmas. Not nice.

So glad today was a bank holiday and I could stay snug and dry at home. And read some of my new books.

I got loads of books for Christmas. Which is great, you can never have too many books. I won't list them all but I will recommend K G MacGregor's latest.

I also got a Georgia Beers and a Gerri Hill. And Nichelle Nichols' autobiography, Beyond Uhura.

And I got a Huntress statue (my favourite DC character.)

And a telescope. Which is absolutely bloody brill!! It's going to be fantastic being able to look with a telescope at the next comet to pass by, instead of just my ancient binoculars. And to get a really good sight of the moon whenever I feel the inclination to sit in wonder at the Apollo missions.

And I ate far more mince pies than was sensible.

All-in-all I had a great Christmas and New Year celebration. I hope you all did, too.

See you next week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: