Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Keep On Trucking.

Ribs are a bit sore tonight. I backed into a truck.

Yeah, me, on foot, not driving. And the truck wasn't moving either.

It was at work. It's a tipper-style truck. Like this one. You can undo catches on the side to drop the sides, or you can unlock the back at the top to drop the tailgate, or at the bottom so that when the truck tips anything in it slides out.

Unfortunately, while the clips for the sides are unobtrusive, the lock-bars for the back are not. They're ruddy great bars of metal (about 12cm long by 3 cm wide) that, when unlocked, stick out at the sides like old-fashioned car indicators (turn signals). They really shouldn't be left sticking out, but it's a pain to keep raising them every time you want to put the tailgate back up, so they're left sticking out when it's down.

Turns out they're just nicely rib height. And they bloody well hurt.

I have a really nice bruise there now. I should have paid more attention and watched where I was going. But they should not have been left like that. What if a member of the public had walked past??

And no, I wasn't the one who left them out. And I'm making damned sure they don't get left out again.

See you next week, stay safe, avoid parked trucks. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.


Ze

No comments: