Tuesday, November 26, 2013

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favour.

Ze will have more, she said. Oh the pressure. The Pressure!! LOL.

As it happens I do have a few more links for you - but only thanks to AO3 otherwise I'd have as few as yesterday. Ten years ago there were dozens of (proper) websites I would check daily. Fandom-specific archives, in the fandoms I followed. Or personal websites of fanfic writers. And I would always find new things to read.

Now there are hardly any.

The fandom-specific sites are all but gone. The writers have moved on and abandoned their personal sites (or had them taken away by closure such as AOL Hometown, Geocities, and Fortunecity). There are a couple of archive sites still updating - but not many, and most not often.

Most of the stories I do find are updates on the upload-it-yourself-and-never-mind-the-quality archives such as FF.net, AO3, BuffyFaith, etc. (Note: I'm not saying that all the content on those sites is of poor quality - far from it - just that, unlike some of the older sites where a mod did the coding and uploading, there is no quality-control.)

Though there are still some LiveJournal communities posting fanfic even they aren't as busy as they used to be.

If you know of any good femslash sites that we don't report, which do still update regularly, please let us know.

Went to see Catching Fire this afternoon. It doesn't quite follow the book - but it's pretty damn' close. It suffers from "middle-book-syndrome" slightly - but it's still a riveting film. I loved it. And the baboon didn't half make me jump!!

Ze

1 comment:

Tamara said...

We're going to see it the next weekend the kids are with us. I was pleased with the first film...not exactly like the book of course but it at least kept the feel of the book. This isn't a light and fluffy series and I was happy the movie was just as dark as the book. Keeping my fingers crossed for movie 2.