Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wimbledon Fortnight

And it actually isn't raining... yet.

Not that I've been able to watch much tennis yet. I saw the re-run of Laura Robson's game - great result.

The reason I haven't seen a lot is because I've been working overtime again. Need the money.

I was saving nicely - I'd got enough for a trip to the USA - finally. And I starting checking flight prices to Seattle in late September/early October (that's when I can take my next holiday).

Then the curse of the home-owner hit. (I'm part-owner of my cousin's house these days.) And it chose an area to hit that I'm not qualified to work in.

Part of the sewer collapsed.

The bit under our lawn to be precise.

Not sure how it works elsewhere but in the UK if the sewer or water supply pipes need fixing the water company is responsible for the repairs - as long as the pipes are under public land. If they're under private land then the land/home owner is responsible for the cost though the water company still does the repairs. You can do the job yourself but you must use a water-company accredited builder. The cost will be pretty much the same whichever you use.

My half of the repair costs will be two-hundred pounds more than I currently have saved. Fortunately my cousin can cover that as well as her half & I'll pay her back in instalments.

Ah well. Maybe next April... I should be able to save enough - again - by then. (Touch wood).

Ze

No comments: