Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Counting to Ten and Gritting My Teeth

I'll be right glad when this contract ends and I can return to the other one.

The two other women on site are good sorts and we can have a laugh. Some of the lads (a second-fix chippy, another painter, and two 2+1 bricklaying gangs) I've worked with before and they're ok.

But there's an electrician on-site who's a prime candidate for encasing in concrete. He's a tyrannical bully towards his two assistants. He's obnoxiously, loudly, constantly, sexist, racist, homophobic, and downright unpleasant. How he keeps his job I will never understand. The only explanation I can think of is that he's got some hold over the site manager - blackmail or maybe the manager's wife is his cousin or something. He is beyond a prat. There are no words I can think of to use to describe him that are fit for this webpage!!

In fact the only reason I haven't smacked him with something substantial is because I've got everything sorted, all the requisite permissions, etc., for little Barbara to spend a day on site next month, and I don't want to do anything to jeopardise that. He will be on holiday that week so she won't have to witness anything upsetting or confusing for her.

After that however...

Ze

2 comments:

Chris said...

The link to 'Earth That Was' doesn't work, it just links back to this site.

E said...

Thanks for info, I took it out and hopefully Ze can find it again. It was one of her sites she checks and they are confusing. Thanks.