Monday, June 10, 2013

Home Appliance Hell

We've had quite the evening. I came home from work, rushing because I needed to get Duncan to a dental appointment (wisdom teeth are coming in). I pulled some rolls out of the freezer and discovered the light was off. I squeezed my rolls...soft. Not good. The big bucket of homemade ice cream for Wednesday's graduation...also soft. Our freezer had gone tits up.

I took Duncan to the dentist while E went freezer shopping. Did I mention we have a large freezer and it's full? An hour later and we're done with the dentist (a visit to an oral surgeon is in Duncan's future). During that same hour E found a freezer at Lowe's.

I'm really glad they had what we needed. And I'm also glad the seats in my van can be easily removed. E pulled up with a large freezer and we spent the next few hours getting it installed. I can honestly say we weren't looking to spend our evening that way. But...I'm glad we did. The food is saved and, as luck would have it, our neighborhood is having a free "recycling" event on Saturday. Freezers are happily accepted. Looks like the seats in my van will be coming out again....

Tamara

No comments: