Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thumbs Down...

Apologies for the borked link last night - fixed it & reposted today.

Glorious day of sunshine today. Very warm.

All this sunshine we've been having lately is bleaching my hair. My normal colour is very light brown (I always described it as "mousey brown") - with sort of sandy highlights at times. My hairdresser calls it "dark blonde" but I wouldn't have described it as any kind of blonde - usually. At the moment though the sun has lightened it to the extent that it does look blonde. Not for long though. It's also got much too long (for me). I look like an Old-English-Sheepdog!! So it'll be cut as soon as I can spare the time. That will cut all the blonde out and I'll look like me again.

I'll tell you this for certain, mind, blondes do NOT have more fun. They have the same amount as any other disaster-prone idiot!!

Ah yes... disaster-prone.

Well, no great disaster of late. And (touch wood) no really bad injuries. But I have sprained my thumb.

I bet you didn't even know you could sprain your thumb!!

I was attempting to start a petrol-driven strimmer. I was resting one hand on the body of the motor while I used the other to pull the starter cord. Because of my injured shoulder I have to stand at a slightly odd - and somewhat awkward - angle to do this. And this means the hand resting on the motor isn't always best-placed for comfort.

The strimmer backfired and jumped. Result - one sprained thumb as the hand on the motor was bent backwards. Oh and several daisies lost their heads.

Ah well. At least it's my left thumb. And as I'm right-handed I can still work.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: