Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Little Steps

The first part of moving begins: sorting through the crap in Duncan's room. My task today was made easier because Duncan didn't help me. Yesterday he went through the trash and "rescued" a few items. I told him that if he didn't help he didn't have the right to double check my trash. Score one for mom.

Cal's room will be easier. He doesn't have that twelve year old boy tendency to be a slob. I found dirty socks that have been hidden for months, candy wrappers, gum wrappers, a dish or two, homework (probably some that he "lost" and didn't turn in as a result), and bits of toys. A big box is full of stuff for garage sale/thrift store and I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel. But only when it comes to his room. The rest of the house awaits....

Tamara

1 comment:

E said...

One room at a time! Good start, in some reality you picked the hardest room.