Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Speed Racer...Uh, Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day here in the US, which means a family dinner for us. My mother-in-law recently purchased a new house with her boyfriend of many years and with this new house came the ability to join a country club. Not really my thing but he loves it and wanted to take my mother-in-law, her mother and his mother to eat brunch there today. Since we usually do a meal with moms from both of the families we joined them with my mom and brother. I'm not sure I ate my $25 worth but the food was good and the kids heeded my warning about being grounded for a week if they burped at the table.

After food, my real mother's day present began...we went to see Speed Racer. I'm probably not really the person to listen to since I love all things Speed Racer. I got a Lego set of the Mach 5 for my mother's day present after all. If you're reading reviews of this movie and they tell you it's bad, just ignore them. Speed Racer the movie is total fun...it's not deep or meaningful...just fun. If you've seen the cartoon you'll know what to expect with this movie, but with better special effects. The only thing that could have made it better would be to have an IMAX theater in my town. I'll be buying the extra spiffy edition DVD of this one when it comes out.

Here's to all you moms. Hope you had a good day.

Tamara

No comments: