Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day

It's Memorial Day weekend here in the US, which means the official start of summer for many. Most of the folks here in OKC are off at one of our many lakes enjoying water and sun. For us it means our annual trip to my Aunt's in Lawton, OK and a relaxing Sunday afternoon cookout. We also celebrate my cousin's birthday...she'll be a big 17 this Wednesday. Hard to believe she's not that cute, tow-headed seven year old I first met when my Uncle married her Grandma. He may not realize it but he's damn lucky to have both of them in his life.

Tomorrow we'll go to my mother-in-law's for an actual Memorial Day event and eat still more hamburgers and hot dogs. We'll swim a lot too. My mother-in-law has an awesome pool. By the time we meet up with E and little e in June (Disneyland) we'll be nice and tan and they'll still be sporting winter white.

Tamara

No comments: