Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Lord of Chaos strikes again....

Yesterday my day started off with a bang. Literally. I woke Cal up Monday morning and we had a nice chat about his short dream wherein I was shooting a rifle at characters from the Land Before Time cartoon. He sat up and was still chattering away when he decided to demonstrate a move from the dream and threw himself back toward the pillow suddenly. Guess what? My head was there. He whacked the front of my head with the back of his and I came out the worse for it.

I was momentarily stunned by immense pain. I didn't lose consciousness but it damn well made my eyes water and I saw stars. After a few minutes I dragged myself up and Cal told me I had a bump. I got up slowly and checked my head in the bathroom mirror. Then I promptly freaked out. Suffice it to say I've never had a blow to the head like this one. Even being beaned in the head by a softball had never brought forth a golf ball sized egg like this one. Ice and ibuprofen brought the swelling down but it was still quite a knot.

Today the knot has gone down a bit and the lovely bloom of bruises are making an appearance. I figure by the weekend it'll look nice and ugly. I'm looking forward to telling people my son beat me up then point to Cal.

Tamara

No comments: