Friday, January 18, 2008

Recipe Night!

Figured it was a good time to share the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake recipe that I made Duncan for his birthday.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
6 oz. chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugars, vanilla and egg. Use a spoon - not a mixer! (I'm not sure why this is important but I did it.) Then add dry ingredients, then nuts and chocolate chips. Spread on a greased pizza pan. Bake 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

Now for my additions. When I was mixing this recipe up I realized it wasn't going to make a very big "cake". I doubled the recipe and blew off the pizza pan idea. I spread the dough in a 9 x 13 pan and cooked that puppy for 30 minutes. It came out perfectly and tastes just like a big ol' chocolate chip cookie that you made at home. Store bought chocolate chip cookies (and cakes) are way too sweet. This one has that nice salty bite of a good chocolate chip cookie.

Tamara

No comments: