Friday, June 02, 2006

I hate plumbing.

Well, I don't "hate" plumbing really. It's necessary to modern city living after all. But I do hate the issues that come about due to old plumbing. Lately my washing machine has been backing up in my garage. We've been dealing with this little problem by having the plumber come out once a year and snake the line to clear any blockage. In the past, this has worked. This time it didn't. In fact, we were told we'd likely need to find the blockage and possibly replace the line. This could entail having the plumbers break through the cement floor of our garage. Time to call the insurance company for sure. After all...this was line in the house proper, insurance should cover it.

After a fair bit of arguing with the insurance agent, an insurance adjuster came out and agreed that we needed to have another plumber pinpoint the problem in the pipe. The insurance company would pay for it if we used their guy...an expert in leaks (said so on the side of the van). He did a very thorough job and concluded we didn't need to have anything dug up...yet.

On the one hand...this dude is being paid by my insurance company to find a fix that they don't have to pay for. On the other hand I'd much rather not have my garage or computer room dug up (the line runs under an addition to the house--yippee!). I'll spend money either way and I still hate my plumbing.

Well, at least there'll always be fiction to read even if I can't have perfect plumbing. Enjoy the updates.

Tamara


No comments: