Thursday, June 15, 2006

Family Reunions

I spent last weekend with my family at a mini family reunion. Every year my aunt and uncle drive down from St. Louis to see their moms and various siblings who all happen to reside in Oklahoma. My Uncle's family is easy--one mom, one brother and sister-in-law (the nephew lives in Arizona). My Aunt's family, however, is a whole other story. Sadly this is the one I'm a part of.

Those of us from the dysfunctional crew who showed up to all the get-togethers had a great time. My cousin has a new baby who sure was a cutie. Cal loved playing with his cousin Nicholas. I also got to see my wacky cousin Jason who lives in Florida. That was neat considering I hadn't seen him since his brother's wedding way back when my eldest son was two (he's ten now).

This weekend I'm doing it all over again but this time with my mom's side of the family. Tomorrow morning I'll be getting up, loading the van and driving for approximately four hours to the big town of Corsicana, Texas. Saturday we'll all meet at a Kiwanis camp ground, eat lunch and swim in a nice, big pool. It's always very relaxing and my mom gets to reconnect with aunts, uncles and cousins she remembers from her childhood.

I just hope I can keep from killing my children when I hear the 40th query of Are we in Texas yet? Wish me luck.

Tamara


No comments: