Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Grass is No Longer Green.

Well, Solstice/Longest Day has been and gone. It's all downhill from now on in my part of the world - nights drawing in, days getting shorter. Summer's barely begun and I'm already dreading winter. lol.

The Ferretone worked a treat. Even Arctic was still for a while. I got their claws clipped with no problems. And I even managed to pop some flea/worm/ear-mite stuff onto their necks. Amazing.

They enjoy their morning and evening playtimes. Ferrets do like to dig though. I'm glad we were never the sort of people who fuss over a lawn. Our grass was pretty rough at the best of times, never level, and with the odd bare patch. The bit of grass under their play-pen is history. There are holes, gouges, the beginnings of tunnels. And the grass is loose, dry, and going brown. It may never recover.

Ah well, look on the bright side - less to mow.

Ze

No comments: