Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Clipping Claws

The ferrets' claws are getting a little long so it's time to trim them. Snow was easy to do - she'd lie on my lap and patiently wait for it to be over.

I somehow doubt these two lively youngsters will be so accommodating.

I did an online search for suggestions as to the best ways to do it - without traumatising the poor little beggars. I didn't want to wrap them up in a towel and scare them and make the whole process imprint on them that it's something to be avoided.

Several websites mentioned Ferretone, a liquid vitamin and mineral supplement. Apparently ferrets love it so much that if you put a few drops onto their stomachs they'll lie on their backs with their paws out and held still, while they lick the drops up. Allowing you to clip their claws easily.

I ordered a bottle.

And then I made the mistake of checking the rest of the site. Especially the Ferret Toys section.

You know what's coming next, don't you?? - Yep, I spent more money on ferret toys for my spoilt-rotten fuzzballs.

I ordered them a ball pit.

They're going to love it.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: