Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Jupiter Meeting Venus

So... anybody else been watching Venus & Jupiter getting closer to each other??

I've been out there most evenings, with my telescope. Jupiter is so damned bright. If it wasn't stationary you'd think it was a plane or a satellite. Can't see it tonight, cloud cover is too thick.

Which also means I haven't a hope of seeing the Northern Lights. Not there was an awful lot of hope anyway, we're too far south really. I've never seen them. Never been in the right place at the right time.

I wish I had a camera capable of photographing it. Mind you, I've been saying that since the nine-planet-convergence of a few years ago. That was spectacular. All the other 8 planets (Pluto was still a planet back then) in a line across the sky. Fantastic.

And the England Women's football team made it through to the quarter-finals. Even more fantastic!!

Enjoy your updates. See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you

Ze

No comments: