Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Things Come in Threes

Not having a good week so far...

Yesterday I discovered I've misplaced, probably lost, my library card, and they're a pain to replace.

Today I was hurrying for the bus - I wasn't running, honest, I was just sort of speeding up my walk a bit. And a kerb-stone leapt out in front of me and deliberately tripped me.

Well... maybe it was more that I was hurrying and paying more attention to not wanting to be late that where I was stepping and I fell over the kerb. In an effort to protect my bad shoulder I flipped right over and smacked my knee on the kerb. Ripping my jeans, bruising my knee, and grazing it so that it bled.

This left me with two options - go home for fresh jeans, antiseptic cream and a bandage, and be late, or carry on, be on time but looking like I'd been fighting a grizzly bear. Since the thing I was trying not to be late for was a hospital appointment I decided to go on - at least if I needed treatment I'd be in the right place!!

The appointment was for my yearly shoulder check up and brain scan - it's the eighth anniversary of my serious bike crash - they just like to check that everything is ok. (It was).

Eight years already... blimey. Where does time go...

Of course, I was on time but they were not. Good thing I took a book with me.

And Snow's not very well. She worried me on Sunday - she was off her food - and she loves her food!! The vet says she has a cold. He gave her a vitamin jab, and I've got some high-protein vitamin paste to feed her with so, even though she doesn't feel like eating, she'll stay well-nourished. Poor little mite. She doesn't feel much like playing either. She just wants to sleep. But the vet says she'll be fine.

Ze

No comments: