Friday, August 02, 2013

Ramble from phair

Yeah ramble (if you have one send it in). Take it away phair.
I've been away so long, I almost forgot the link back.

It's true. It is close to 2 years since I posted here last. I embarked on some amazing adventures between then and now. I kept meaning to stop back by but it just didn't happen. My excuse is pretty simple; I was busy. Sounds dumb even to me. Everybody is busy. It's called life - live it full throttle.

Still, my life hitched a ride on a rocket and blasted me through the last 19 months at white knuckle, clutch the dashboard speed. I won't bore you with the details. Trust me it's not a thrill a minute but there have been some real high points. Meeting Rev. Jackson, seeing Maya Angelou, John and Annie Glenn, Mark Kelly and hearing Gabby Giffords give a speech. And, some pretty low points. Getting robbed, being away from home for 30 nights in one calendar year, and having a re-emergence of my PTSD after years of peace.

But, none of that is worth talking about. Except, maybe, this one small moment in a sea of amazing moments that reminded me I was standing in an important spot. Dr. Angelou gave the opening speech at the 2012 ASHA Convention. Every one of the 4,000 seats were filled. There were rules about no children being present as it was a 'professional event' whatever that is suppose to mean. Dr. Angelou was wheeled onto the stage and the center erupted in cheers usually reserved for rock stars. She began with a poem which had the line "be the rainbow in somebody's cloud." I looked to my left and saw a young mother with her 18 month old son. She was directing his attention to a giant screen next to us which captured a crystal clear image of Dr. Angelou. The young mother wanted to be able to tell her son that he saw a woman who changed the world we live in. A poet whose writing made it possible for that young African American Mom and her toddler son to sit next to me, a middle aged white chick, in Atlanta.

Writing changes the world, one person at a time. My writing is very different from Dr. Angelou's in all ways except that we dare our readers to think about what they believe from a different vantage point. I invite readers to see the pieces of life that are not neat and tidy; alcoholic cop, mentally unstable witness, disgraced military officer, thrown away kid, a human enslaved to an alien race who just wants to get her old job back. And, now I've added to the cast of characters in Sap Run. This piece was cowritten with Anders. And, whatever you think you know about our writing together, you'll be stunned by our latest release. Sap Run is a romance.

Yep, we went all soft and cuddly - sort of. You're going to have to read it for the details. Like all our books it is available at Amazon in ebook
http://www.amazon.com/Sap-Run-ebook/dp/B00E2YJHNG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375150456&sr=1-1

Paperback is coming in a week to 10 days.

You can check out the rest of my books at my author page at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/H.T-Phair/e/B00E78B8CK/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

or visit my website at http://www.phair1.com

The one subtraction to my writing life is the closing of the DsofM. My monthly story service will cease in January 2014.

Check out my books, read my stories at my website, follow me on Twitter or just email at p.phair@comcast.net

All my best,
phair

That's a full update. Thank phair for popping by and check out her books and while you are there let her know what you think, she is always looking for feedback. And phair thanks again for coming by. Perhaps we don't need to wait two years for the next visit. Appreciate the words.

Peace, Health and Happiness.

Elisa




No comments: