Wednesday, August 28, 2013

And Blood and Wine Were on His Hands

It got to be late again, didn't it.

I watched football again...

And then I watched the first episode of the new Australian series Wentworth.

And all of a sudden it's nearly midnight and I'm wondering, again, what to say.

I watched Wentworth (or Wentworth Prison as it's been - inexplicably - re-titled for the UK) for two reasons. Firstly, Wentworth is a re-make of Prisoner (which was itself a sort of remake of Within These Walls). I used to watch Prisoner (known in the UK as Prisoner: Cell Block H in order to distinguish it from the cult series The Prisoner) and I loved it in all its cheesy glory. I also watched - and loved Within These Walls - and yes, I, too, am becoming slightly concerned about my love of dramas set in women's prisons and what that says about me *g*.

Secondly, I watched Wentworth because it stars Danielle Cormack, and she was a semi-regular in Xena. And by now everybody should know just have seriously I take my Xena!!

Wentworth is a lot darker than Prisoner was. A much more serious drama. So far it looks good. Now all I have to do is hope that a) I can remember to watch the next episode and b) I can actually remember what's happened in the first one. If you like gritty drama, set in prison, give it a whirl if you get the chance. You might like it.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: