Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ramble from Linda

Always a pleasure...take it away Linda!
Off to school they go!

Well, school begins Monday the 11th here in Tucson. Kids are groaning and parents are cheering. LOL. Ellie begins her junior year and Vickie starts 4th grade.

I had a quiet summer. The girls spent the entire summer with their father. The first two weeks I missed them and was bored out of my mind. Then I got used to the quiet and just read through a large stack of books I had been meaning to read but couldn't find the time.

Vickie finally got the chance to really bond with her father. Since Vickie was born after my sister and Marcus split up, Vickie only spent a weekend here and there with him. She is much closer to my brother Bill then with Marcus. Lately that has started bugging him. Bill taught Vickie to ride a bike, to play baseball and takes her fishing.

When the girls come home this weekend, I asked Vickie what they did. Marcus bought a WII and they play videos. Mostly Guitar Hero. Which explains her new t-shirts. AC/DC and Aerosmith. Vickie said she had the coolest time with her dad.

I do know that Marcus learn a thing or two this summer. Like you have to feed kids more then just junk food and meals that just include meat and potatoes. He called me saying that Vickie's plumbing (his words not mine) was backed up and what should he do. That's when I find out what food they were eating. I told him to get her a large bottle of 100% apple juice to start with. I said the girls need fruit and veggie every day. A salad with dinner would be good too. I told him the girls know this because that is what we eat here. But they saw a chance to got away with something they can’t do here and went for it. Junk food is fine to a point but not every day.

I'm glad they are back and off to school. Lol.

Linda


Thanks Linda! Now off to your updates, enjoy.

Elisa

No comments: