Friday, February 20, 2015

49 and Counting

I haven't had a birthday at work in quite some time since it always fell during mid winter break. My new school district's mid winter break ends after Tuesday. I took Wednesday off due to vacation but headed back to work yesterday. This meant that I had to suffer through many birthday wishes at school. It surprisingly wasn't too bad.

I, along with a co-worker, brought some fruit to give everyone something to eat while we celebrated the two birthdays that happened this week. This let our gluten free and diet kids eat all they wanted without any worries.

All of the kids were super sweet and interested in what I was going to do for my birthday. I don't think they quite understand that when you're older you don't really go all out for your birthday.

I went out to dinner for pizza with the family. Then we headed to Third Place Books because it was nearby. Home after that to get this update done but not before being surprised by homemade German Chocolate cake. No bakery has ever made a German Chocolate cake that passes muster so this was a very nice surprise.

Now I'm looking forward to hitting the hay and sleeping in tomorrow.

Tamara

No comments: