Tuesday, April 01, 2008

SCP

If you ever check out our UberEtc.com web site carefully you may notice something extra. Being one who hates spam and advertisement we actually bought our domain to keep less of that. We all get more than we need daily already. However, you will notice a nifty new icon on the right side of our web site. Yes, it's an advertisement, but one we think worthy of your time and, perhaps, of value and interest to a few of you. It links to StarCrossed Productions (SCP),a place I support often. The writers and authors on UE may some day find their books listed and sold through SCP.

SCP is online book store just like the big guys. However, the difference for me is, like my little local bookstore, they support something more than just a profit. They provide an incredible array of authors and publishers whether they are a big press or small for a wide selection of Lesbian, Gay and mixed titles. They tell me up front how much stock they have, hence none of that waiting period that the big stores seems to use. They've been around a while now and do a really good job. I've found some great small press offerings that I just didn't see anywhere else.

They also have the usual array of nifty offerings like, wish lists, free shipping offers (with minimum purchase amount) and even a handy newsletter that I personally get and use monthly giving me an overview of many of the new releases from all the publishers I am interested in. I also know from friends outside the USA, that they have had excellent experiences with SCP as well. The books get there quickly, safely and at reasonable cost.

So, next time you're searching for a book, give them a try, you may be glad you did. And remember by supporting the causes, whether it be authors, publishers or sites that sell books ,you're giving back to our community and supporting something of value. Plus you get the opportunity of having something grand to read. Enjoy.

Now back to your updates.

Elisa

No comments: