Thursday, October 04, 2007

My Lunch with Andi

Today I had the pleasure of meeting up-and-coming writer Andi Marquette. It's not often people come to Oklahoma so when she emailed me and said she'd be in Oklahoma City in October and asked if I'd be willing to meet up with her I said sure. I loved the sense of humor that came through in her emails and in her stories and figured even with my introvert tendencies we'd get along all right. I wasn't wrong. Andi is even better in person. We ate lunch at a restaurant that overlooks Redhawks Stadium and then walked around the Bricktown area a bit. She even allowed me to drag her to my house so I could have a pee break. Come to visit me and you get red carpet treatment all right.

She was also nice enough not to get too freaked out by my driving in unfamiliar downtown even when I ran a tiny red light. At least I'm up front with passengers that I have absolutely no sense of direction even in my own city. I've lived here most of my life and I still mapquested directions to her hotel. Yes, I'm that sad.

Andi will soon have two books released by Regal Crest and a short story of hers ("From the Boots Up") will appear in the Torquere Press anthology Under This Cowgirl's Hat, scheduled to be released this month. All you have to do is read Andi's online stories (here or here) to see that her books will be worth purchasing.

If you ever get the chance to meet Andi in person at a convention (GCLS in August anyone?) or at a book signing, do so. You won't be disapointed.

Tamara

No comments: