Saturday, February 02, 2008

Ramble from Carol

Yipeee....a ramble!
I've never sent a ramble before but I figure there's a first time for everything so here goes...

Why would 30 thousand people get up way before the crack of dawn to go stand in the snow and ice of a small town in Pennsylvania?

I don't know either but this morning I participated in such a magnanimous (tacky) event. Me and 4 of my co-workers drove 3 hrs to Punxsutawney, PA on Friday. We slept maybe 3 hours then got up at 3am this morning so that we would be able to actually see Phil the groundhog. I mean what's the point of going if you aren't actually going to see the rodent. We caught our shuttle to Gobblers Knob (yes, that is the actual name) at 5:30am. We made it to the Knob around 6am. Believe it or not we were some of the last people that made it to the actual event which didn't even occur until 7:25.

Needless to say we were glad for our multiple layers of clothes as we stood in the cold for around 2 hours to watch a 5 minute conversation between a man in a top hat and a groundhog just to be told that we'll have 6 more weeks of winter. It was a titillating experience for sure.

We made it home around 4ish and I'm cold and tired but I will admit that I had a great time and am glad I can say I actually saw this famous event. But next time I'm pretty sure I'll be watching from the comfort of my living room.

Happy Groundhog Day!!!

Carol


Carol, firsts are great...try for seconds anytime! Thanks and happy Groundhog Day to you as well!

Enjoy the updates.

Elisa

No comments: